Yield 12 Muffins
Blueberry muffins are always a hit, but these ones have loads of flavour without all the sugar!
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 1 egg
- 2/3 cup plain yogurt (whole milk or 2%)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup Spelt flour (or whole wheat flour)
- 3/4 cup rolled oats
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2/3 cup fresh blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Melt butter
- Stir in egg, yogurt and vanilla until well combined.
- Add flour, oats, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and cinnamon and stir until just combined.
- Gently mix in berries, reserving a tablespoon or two.
- Scoop in greased or lined muffin tins. Fill the tins most of the way full - you should get 7-8 muffins.
- Press a few berries into the top of each muffin
- Bake for 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the centre comes out clean