Carrot Cake Chia Pudding
Yield 2 servings
Chia pudding is a great way to enjoy these wonderful seeds. Packed with protein, calcium, antioxidants, fibre & good fats these chia seeds are perfect for your hormones! The pudding has a texture almost like tapioca pudding, so give it a try!
- 1 Carrot (medium, grated)
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp ground cloves
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1 Tbsp pure maple syrup or coconut sugar (to taste)
- 2 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 cup chia seeds
- 1/4 cup walnuts (chopped)
- 2 Tbsp unsweetened coconut flakes
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, combine the shredded carrot, cinnamon, cloves, ginger and maple syrup. Add the almond milk, then whisk in the chia seeds. Let sit for 5 minutes, then stir again to redistribute the chia seeds. Cover the bowl and refrigerate for 3 hours or overnight.
- Divide into bowls or mason jars and garnish with shredded coconut and chopped walnuts. Enjoy!
- Storage: Keeps well in the fridge for 3-4 days.
- Extra creamy: replace half of the almond milk with full-fat coconut milk.