Chocolate Lentil Muffins
Yield 15 Muffins
Lentils in muffins?!
Yes, chocolate + lentils in a muffin = delicious!
I literally couldn't get these off of the cooling rack before my kids were devouring them. They are high in protein, easy to make, and chocolatey - definitely a win for a snack in our home.
Give them a try for yourself and find out!
- 1 can lentils, rinsed well
- 3 large eggs
- 1 large over-ripe banana (or two small)
- 1⁄4 cup honey or maple syrup
- 1⁄3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1⁄3 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Prepare 12 muffin cups by lining with muffin papers
- Place banana(s), lentils, eggs, honey, cocoa powder, baking soda, coconut oil, and vanilla extract into blender or food processor; cover. Blend until smooth. Add the chocolate chips and stir gently using a wooden spoon.
- Fill muffin cups about 2/3 full
- Bake for 10 to 15 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool completely (if you can wait that long) and enjoy!