Chocolate Zucchini Muffins
Yield 16 - 18 Muffins
These muffins are a HUGE hit in my house! My kids love them, I love them, and they are also high in protein and safe for school! Plus they are chocolate, so you can't go wrong with chocolate 😉
I slightly under bake ours so that they are incredibly soft and moist.
- 2 cups of grated zucchini, squeezed of excess liquid (you can also substitute carrot for half of this)
- 1 cup pumpkin seed butter (could also use sunflower seed butter, both are school safe)
- 2 large ripe bananas, mashed
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Put coconut oil or olive oil in cups to stop sticking.
- Add all ingredients except for the grated zucchini and chocolate chips to a blender and blend on high until smooth and creamy. This took a few times in my Vitamix. I stopped it and stirred it in between, but it was fairly easy to do.
- Fold in zucchini and chocolate chips (I did this in a separate bowl, but you could probably do it in the blender itself if you want).
- Bake for 15 minutes (they may need another 3-4 minutes if not cooked fully) until fluffy (but when you press down, the bounce back).