High Protein Chocolate Chip Cookies (grain-free, refined sugar-free, gluten-free) SO Good!
Yield 12-18 cookies
So, these HAVE to be one of my most favorite cookie recipes yet.
Grain, gluten, refined-sugar and dairy-free (if you use dairy-free chocolate chips of course) mean that these cookies are a great snack anytime to boost your energy and satisfy your sweet-tooth. I may, or may not have had one for breakfast today…… 🙂
- 1 cup almond butter
- 1/3 cup honey (or 1/2 cup if you like it a bit sweeter)
- 1 egg
- 1 Tbsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- 2/3 cup unsweetened shredded coconut (or if you prefer, replace with chopped nuts)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Oil baking sheets or line with parchment paper.
- Stir together first seven ingredients. Mix well. Make sure honey is fully incorporated.
- Add dark chocolate chips and coconut.
- Scoop with a cookie scoop onto cookie sheets. Bake 8-13 minutes or until lightly browned. They grow as they bake – added bonus!