Morning Glory Banana Bread
Yield 1 Loaf
This is a quick & easy banana bread that tastes great and makes a great snack for everyone!
- 2 cups whole wheat or gluten-free flour
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ tbsp unsalted butter or coconut oil, melted and cooled slightly
- 2 large egg whites, room temperature
- 1 ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ cup plain Greek yogurt
- ¾ cup mashed banana (about 2 medium)
- 2 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 6 tbsp milk or milk substitute
- 1 ½ cups freshly grated carrot (about 2 medium, peeled first!)
- ¾ cup finely diced apple (about 1 small)
- ¼ cup raisins
- 2 tbsp finely diced pecans
- 2 tbsp shredded unsweetened coconut
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Lightly coat a 9x5” loaf pan with olive oil.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. In a separate bowl, whisk together the butter, eggs, and vanilla. Mix in the Greek yogurt, stirring until no large lumps remain. Mix in the mashed banana and maple syrup. Alternate between adding the flour mixture and milk, beginning and ending with the flour mixture, and stirring just until incorporated. (For best results, add the flour mixture in 3 equal parts.) Gently fold in the carrots, apple, raisins, pecans, and coconut.
- Spread the batter into the prepared pan. Bake at 350°F for 45-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Cool in the pan for 10 minutes before carefully transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.