Slow Cooker Cinnamon Applesauce
Yield 8 Servings
It's apple season!
Who doesn't love the smell of applesauce cooking? Especially with cinnamon!
This is an easy way to have healthy applesauce for your whole family.
- 12 Apple (large, cored and diced)
- 4 servings Cinnamon Stick
- 1/2 Lemon (juiced)
- 1 cup Water
1.Add chopped apple, cinnamon, lemon juice and water to the slow cooker and stir well to mix. Cook on high for 4 hours, stirring occasionally. (Note: Peeling the apples is optional but not necessary as they will be pureed in step 2.)
2.Remove the cinnamon sticks. Use an immersion blender to puree the applesauce, or transfer to a blender.
3.Divide into bowls, add your preferred toppings and enjoy! Refrigerate or freeze leftovers.
- Storage: Refrigerate in an air-tight container up to 10 days, or freeze up to a year.
- Leave it Chunky: Skip Step 2. You may want to peel your apples before cooking.
- Extra Toppings: Add any combination of nuts, seeds, toasted oats, coconut or dried fruit.