Spaghetti Squash Burrito Bowls
Yield 2 Servings
It's time for spaghetti squash again, and this is definitely one of my favourite recipes to make with it!
- 1 Spaghetti Squash (medium)
- 1 1/2 tbsps Extra Virgin Olive Oil (divided)
- 1/2 lb Extra Lean Ground Turkey
- 1 Red Bell Pepper (diced)
- 1 tbsp Chili Powder
- 1 1/2 tsps Cumin
- 1 1/2 tsps Oregano
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/4 tsp Sea Salt
- 1/4 cup Red Onion (finely diced)
- 1 Tomato (diced)
- 1/2 Avocado (cubed)
- 1/4 cup Cilantro (chopped)
- 1/2 Lime (sliced into wedges)
- Preheat oven to 350F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- Using a sharp knife, very carefully split the spaghetti squash in half lengthwise and scoop out the seeds with a spoon. Brush the inside surface with half the olive oil, and place face-down on the baking sheet.
- Bake squash for 40 minutes, until it is easily pierced with a fork.
- While the squash is baking, heat remaining olive oil in a skillet. Add the turkey and cook until it begins to brown. Break it up with a spatula as it cooks through. Add the diced pepper, spices and salt. Continue cooking for about 10 minutes, or until turkey is thoroughly cooked.
- Spoon the turkey filling into the each half of the spaghetti squash. Top with diced red onion, tomato, avocado, cilantro and a squeeze of lime juice.
- Use black beans instead of ground meat.
- Refrigerate in an air-tight container up to 2 days. Reheat before serving.