Zucchini Carrot Soufflé Muffins
Yield 10-12 Muffins
These muffins bake up light and are a great way to sneak a few veggies into your kids day (or yours) in a delicious way!
- 1/4 cup Maple Syrup
- 4 Eggs (separated)
- 1/4 cup Coconut Oil (melted)
- 1 tbsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup Almond Flour
- 1/4 cup Coconut Flour
- 1 1/2 tsps Baking Powder
- 1 tbsp Ground Flax Seed
- 1 tbsp Hemp Seeds
- 1/4 tsp Sea Salt
- 1 Carrot (grated)
- 1 Zucchini (grated)
- Preheat oven to 350. Grease a muffin tin or line with muffin cups.
- In a bowl, whisk together maple syrup, egg yolks, melted coconut oil and vanilla extract.
- Add dry ingredients to the wet mixture and combine thoroughly.
- Add grated carrot and zucchini. (Note: If too wet, add more coconut flour. If too dry, add 1 tbsp of warm water at a time.)
- Using a handheld or stand mixer, whisk egg whites until stiff peaks form. Gently fold egg whites into batter.
- Scoop batter into muffin cups and bake for 35 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Let cool before serving.
Make it as a Loaf: Line a loaf pan with parchment paper and bake it as a loaf instead of muffins.