Yield 6 Slices
This frittata is an easy way to prep breakfasts for a few days, or have on a yummy Sunday morning!
- 12 large eggs
- 2 Tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 c. chopped, fresh spinach
- 1 c. sliced, fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 c. diced red onion
- 1/2 c. diced red bell pepper
- 1/4 c. milk (or milk alternative)
- 1/2 c. shredded cheddar cheese (or other cheese of choice)
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Cilantro for topping
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Chop, slice and dice the spinach, mushrooms, onion and pepper.
- To a medium cast-iron skillet, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the onion, mushrooms and pepper and saute for 5 minutes. Add the spinach and saute for one more minute, or until the spinach cooks down and becomes wilted. Remove from heat.
- Crack all of the eggs into a bowl. Add milk, salt and pepper. Whisk until all eggs are broke and mixture becomes slightly frothy.
- Pour egg mixture over the vegetables directly in the skillet. Top with the shredded cheese.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 24-26 minutes or until centre becomes mostly set when the skillet is gently shaken.
- Remove from oven and top with herbs of choice like cilantro. Enjoy right away while warm.