Blueberry Breakfast Crisp
Yield 4 Servings
This. Is. Delicious.
Honestly, it could be a dessert too, but we are calling it breakfast, so make try it there too! You can make this ahead and throw some plain yogurt on top for an easy breakfast on those busy mornings.
You will love it!
- 2 1/2 cups Blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- 2 tbsps Lemon Juice
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 tsps Arrowroot Powder
- 1/4 cup Maple Syrup (divided)
- 1 cup Oats (rolled)
- 1/4 cup Ground Flax Seed
- 1/4 cup Almond Flour
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/3 cup Coconut Oil (melted)
Preheat oven to 350F and grease a pie plate or baking dish.
2. In a mixing bowl add the blueberries, lemon juice, vanilla, arrowroot powder and half of the maple syrup. Stir to coat the blueberries evenly. Add the blueberry mixture to the prepared pie plate. Set aside.
3. In a second mixing bowl, add the oats, ground flax, almond flour, and cinnamon. Stir to combine.
4. Whisk the melted coconut oil with the remaining maple syrup and add to the oat mixture stirring until oats are evenly coated.
5. Spoon the oat mixture over top of the blueberries in the pie plate and smooth into an even layer.
6. Bake for 40 to 45 minutes until the blueberries are bubbly and the oats are golden brown. (The oats may seem a bit soft but they will crisp up as it cools.)
7. Remove from oven, let cool and enjoy!
Keeps in the fridge for up to 3 days. The oats will lose their crispiness overtime.