Chocolate Chip Protein Cookies
Yield 18 Cookies
Everyone I offer these cookies to loves them - see what you think!
- 2 cups old-fashioned oats (not quick cooking)
- 1/4 cup protein powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 6 tbsp unsalted butter , softened
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup semi-sweet or dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Use a blender to grind 1 cup of the oats into a flour.
- Combine ground and whole oats, protein powder, baking soda, and salt in a small bowl. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together the softened butter and coconut sugar.
- Add egg and vanilla to the mixing bowl, mix until combined.
- Slowly incorporate the dry ingredients into the mixing bowl.
- Stir in the chocolate chips by hand.
- Scoop cookies into balls onto a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper or a baking mat.
- Slightly pat the cookies down with your hand, as they don't spread too much on their own.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, until the bottoms are just lightly starting to brown.