Chocolate Protein Muffins (with veggies!)
Yield 12 Muffins
These flour-free muffins have some hidden ingredients to add a boost of nutrients, but they still taste delicious!
- 1 cup almond butter (peanut butter or sunflower seed butter)
- 1 cup medium chopped very ripe banana
- 1 cup medium chopped raw zucchini
- 1 cup kale or spinach leaves (lightly packed)
- 3 eggs
- ¼ cup honey (or maple syrup)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons ground flaxseeds
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- dark chocolate chips (optional, but so good!)
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and grease a mini or standard-size muffin tin with nonstick spray or line with paper liners.
- Place all ingredients into a blender. Blend until very smooth, stopping to scrape down the sides of the blender.
- Fill muffin cups about ½ full using about ¼ cup batter in each. Top with chocolate chips, if using.
- For regular muffins: Bake 20-22 minutes or until a cake tester inserted into the center comes out clean.
- For mini muffins: Bake 12-14 minutes or until a cake tester inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Let cool for 5-10 minutes in the pan, run a knife around the edges, and carefully transfer to a wire rack to cool.
Leave a Comment