Gluten Free Chocolate Zucchini Muffins
Yield 15 Muffins
These are a big hit in my house for an after school snack. I add a few dark chocolate chips in them, and they are great (and filling!).
2 cups Almond Flour
1/4 cup Cocoa Powder
1/4 tsp Sea Salt
1/4 tsp Baking Soda
1/4 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1/4 cup Maple Syrup
1/2 - 1 Zucchini (medium, grated)
- Preheat your oven to 350F and line a muffin tin with muffin liners. Brush each liner with a small amount of coconut oil, to prevent sticking.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the almond flour, cocoa powder, sea salt, and baking soda. Mix well.
- In a medium-size bowl, whisk together the olive oil, maple syrup, and eggs. Add the wet ingredients to the dry. Mix until combined then stir in the zucchini.
- Spoon the muffin batter between cups, so it's evenly divided then bake for 18 to 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the centre of a muffin comes out clean.
- Let cool completely before eating, to prevent the muffins from sticking to the liners.
One medium zucchini is equal to about 2 cups of grated zucchini.
Store in the fridge for 5 days or in the freezer for a few months.