Lemon Turkey Quinoa Skillet
Yield 4 Servings
This is a DELICIOUS, easy dinner that doesn't take long. It was so good, I didn't want to share it with my kids 😉
1 1/2 tbsps Extra Virgin Olive Oil
2 Garlic (cloves, minced)
1 lb Extra Lean Ground Turkey
1 tsp Oregano (dried)
1/4 tsp Sea Salt
1/4 cup Black Olives (chopped)
2 cups Baby Spinach (chopped)
3/4 cup Quinoa (dry, uncooked)
1 1/2 cups Organic Vegetable Broth
1 Lemon (zested and juiced)
- Heat oil in a large skillet with a tight-fitting lid over medium-high heat.
- Add the garlic to the skillet and cook for a minute until fragrant. Add the turkey, oregano and salt to the skillet and continue to cook for about 5 to 7 minutes or until the turkey is cooked through, breaking it up as it cooks.
- Add the black olives and spinach to the skillet with the turkey and mix well until spinach is wilted.
- Add the quinoa to the skillet, stir to incorporate then add the broth. Bring to a gentle boil, then cover the skillet with the lid and reduce heat to medium-low. Let the skillet simmer for 10 to 12 minutes or until all the liquid has absorbed and the quinoa is tender.
- Stir in the lemon zest and lemon juice. Season with additional salt if needed. Serve immediately and enjoy!
Top with crumbled feta cheese, chopped parsley and/or extra lemon wedges.
Keep in an air-tight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Use long-grain white rice instead.
Use chopped kale or swiss chard instead.
No Ground Turkey
Use ground chicken or ground beef instead.
No Vegetable Broth
Use any type of broth, or water instead.
Vegan & Vegetarian
Use cooked lentils instead of ground turkey.