Mexican Quinoa Wraps
Yield 8 Servings
This is a quick & easy meal that everyone loves in our home!
- 1 cup Water
- 4 cups Black Beans (cooked, drained & rinsed)
- 3 cups Diced Tomatoes (fresh or canned)
- 2 cups Corn (fresh, canned or frozen)
- 2 tsp Cumin
- 1 tsp Paprika
- 1 tbsp Chili Powder
- 1 tsp Sea Salt
- 1 1/2 cups Quinoa (dry/uncooked)
- 8 Tortillas (I used corn and they tasted great, but you can use any you like)
- 4 cups Baby Spinach
- 2 Avocados (diced)
- In a large pot, add water, black beans, tomatoes, corn, cumin, paprika, chili powder and salt. Bring to a simmer.
- Add quinoa and cook for 12 to 15 more minutes.
- Place each tortilla wrap on a plate and top with spinach, avocado and the quinoa filling. Enjoy!
Feta cheese, greek yogurt, diced chicken breast or cucumber slices.
Use corn or rice tortillas instead of whole wheat.
Slow Cooker Version
Add the water, black beans, diced tomatoes, corn, cumin, paprika, chili powder, salt and quinoa together in the slow cooker. Stir well to mix and cook on low for 5 to 6 hours, or on high for 3 to 4 hours.
Courses Lunch or Supper