Yield 12 Muffins
These are a big hit in my house, and are a delicious way to head into the cooler weather!
2 tbsps Ground Flax Seed
1/3 cup Water
1/3 cup Unsweetened Almond Milk
1 tsp Apple Cider Vinegar
1 1/2 cups Oat Flour
1 cup Almond Flour
1 tsp Baking Soda
1/2 tsp Baking Powder
1 tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice
1/4 tsp Sea Salt
1 cup Pureed Pumpkin
1/2 cup Maple Syrup
2 tbsps Coconut Oil (melted)
1/2 cup Walnuts (roughly chopped)
- (I also throw a few dark chocolate chips in)
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF (177ºC) and line a muffin tin with liners.
- In a small bowl mix the ground flax seed with water and set aside. In another small bowl add the almond milk and apple cider vinegar and set aside.
- In a medium-sized bowl add the oat flour, almond flour, baking soda, baking powder, pumpkin pie spice and sea salt. Whisk to combine. In a separate large bowl add the pureed pumpkin, maple syrup, coconut oil, almond milk mixture and flax mixture. Whisk until combined.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet and stir to combine. Fold in the chopped walnuts. Fill each muffin liner about 3/4 full and place in the oven to bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool before serving or storing. Enjoy!
Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to five days. Place in an airtight freezer bag for up to two months.
One serving is equal to one muffin.
Use chocolate chips instead of walnuts.