Pumpkin Spice Granola
Yield 12 Servings
A delicious pumpkin treat for your breakfast or snacks!
3 cups Oats (rolled)
1 cup Walnuts (chopped)
1/2 cup Pumpkin Seeds
1/4 cup Ground Flax Seed
1/4 tsp Sea Salt
3/4 tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice
1/2 tsp Cinnamon
1/4 cup Coconut Oil
1/3 cup Maple Syrup
1/3 cup Pureed Pumpkin
- Preheat oven to 350ºF (177ºC) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix the oats, walnuts, pumpkin seeds, ground flax seed, sea salt, pumpkin pie spice and cinnamon together in a large bowl. Stir well to mix.
- In a pot, combine the coconut oil, maple syrup and pureed pumpkin. Place over medium-low heat and whisk until all ingredients are well distributed and it is warmed through (about 2 to 5 minutes). Pour it over the dry ingredients and mix with a spatula. Spread across the baking sheet and bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until golden brown. Rotate the pan at the halfway point. (Note: Don't stir as this will break up the clusters.)
- Remove the granola from the oven and let cool completely. It may seem wet, but it will crisp up as it cools.
- Divide into bowls or store sealed in a jar until ready to use. Enjoy!
Stores well in an airtight container up to a week. Freezes well for longer.
Use pecans or slivered almonds instead.
Skip the nuts and add extra pumpkin seeds.
Serve it With
Oatmeal, yogurt, almond milk and/or chopped apples with cinnamon.
Raisins, dried cranberries, berries or coconut flakes.