Roasted Veggie & Quinoa Bowl
Yield 3 Servings
I love when you can eat your meal in a bowl - and this recipe doesn't disappoint!
2 cups Broccoli (chopped into florets)
2 Sweet Potato (medium, cut into 1/2-inch cubes)
1 cup Chickpeas (cooked)
1/4 cup Lemon Juice (divided)
1 tsp Italian Seasoning
1/4 tsp Sea Salt
2/3 cup Quinoa (uncooked)
1 1/2 cups Organic Vegetable Broth
2 tbsps Tahini
2 tbsps Water (warm)
1 1/2 tbsps Maple Syrup
1 tbsp Pumpkin Seeds (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF (204ºC) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Transfer the chopped broccoli, sweet potatoes and chickpeas to the the prepared baking sheet. Season the vegetables with half of the lemon juice, Italian seasoning and sea salt. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes until vegetables are very tender and chickpeas are crispy.
- While the vegetables are roasting, add the quinoa and broth to a medium pot with a tight-fitting lid. Bring to a boil, cover with lid and reduce heat to low. Cook until the liquid is absorbed and quinoa is tender. Remove from heat and set aside.
- While the quinoa is cooking, combine the tahini, warm water, maple syrup and remaining lemon juice in a small bowl. Whisk until smooth. Season with additional salt if needed.
- To assemble, divide the quinoa and roasted vegetables between bowls. Drizzle with tahini sauce and top with pumpkin seeds (optional). Enjoy!
Store in the fridge for up to four days.
Use rice or cauliflower rice instead.
Use water instead.
Use cooked chickpeas from the can to save time.
Roast the vegetables in oil. Add salt, pepper and garlic to the dressing.