Blueberry Quinoa Breakfast Bars
Yield 12-16 Bars
This delicious breakfast bar has fresh, juicy blueberries, with just a hint of tangy lemon.
Bursting with flavour, they’re only lightly sweetened and have this wonderful hearty texture. These are a great on-the-go breakfast, although I love having one with my favourite tea while I relax before my day starts. 🙂
- 1 1/2 cups quick cooking oats
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup hemp seeds
- 1 cup mashed bananas (about 2 medium)
- 2 eggs (or flax eggs for egg-free)
- 2 tablespoons nut/seed butter
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups fresh blueberries (I've also used frozen)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 9″x 9″ baking sheet with parchment paper and grease the sides with cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the oats, quinoa, sugar, baking powder, and hemp seeds.
- In a separate bowl, mix the banana, nut butter, flax eggs, lemon juice and vanilla. Pour this mixture over the dry ingredients, mixing everything together until fully incorporated. The batter should be moist, but not runny. Fold in the blueberries
- Transfer the batter into the prepared pan and smooth with a spatula.
- Bake on the center rack for 25 – 35 minutes until the bars are golden brown and firm to the touch.
- Remove and let cool completely in the pan, then remove and slice into squares (or rectangles). Store in an airtight container for 4 – 5 days.