Yield 12 Muffins
This is a great time of the year to make anything apple, so why not a yummy applesauce muffin?
My kids love these muffins, and they are a great treat to send in their school lunch box.
Check out my Slow Cooker Applesauce recipe if you want to make your own applesauce too.
- 2 cups Spelt or whole wheat all-purpose flour
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- ½ cup butter, melted
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 375. In a large mixing bowl, add dry ingredients. In a separate bowl, add wet ingredients and whisk until combined.
- Add wet ingredients to the dry and stir until combined. Evenly scoop mixture into a greased or lined muffin pan, filling about ⅔ of the way full.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
These are great with walnuts or pecans in them too, but leave those out if you are sending them to school.