Apple Breakfast Bar
Yield 12 Bars
This is a quick & easy addition to your breakfast, or snack with an added punch of protein with the quinoa & almond butter.
- 1 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- ¼ cup almond butter (drippy is best)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ cup coconut oil (melted)
- 2 eggs
- 1.5 cups quinoa cooked & cooled
- 1.5 cups rolled oats
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 apple peeled and chopped OR cup berries (any kind you like)
- 1/4 cup almonds
- Heat oven to 350°F. Spray a 8x8 inch baking dish with oil and set aside.
- In a large bowl, stir together the apple sauce, almond butter, vanilla, cinnamon, coconut oil and eggs.
- Mix in the cooked quinoa, rolled oats and baking powder until completely incorporated. Fold in the apple last.
- Spread the mixture into the prepared baking dish, spreading it to each corner and pressing down gently. Press the almonds into the top of the bars.
- Bake for 40 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool completely before slicing and storing.