Banana Rhubarb Bread
Yield 1 Loaf
This is a fun, and yummy spin on the classic banana bread - and it was a huge hit in my house!
- 1½ cups whole wheat flour spelt flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon all spice
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3 large bananas mashed (this should be over 1 cup)
- ⅓ cup honey or maple syrup
- 1 cup finely chopped rhubarb about 1 large stalk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and prepare an 8x4" loaf pan** with oil.
- Whisk flour, baking powder, baking soda salt and all spice, in a medium bowl and set aside.
- ***Use a stand or hand-held mixer to beat eggs on medium speed for about 30 seconds. Mix in vanilla, banana and honey until combined.
- Slowly add in the flour mixture and stir on low speed until just combined. Gently fold in rhubarb. Pour batter into prepared loaf pan. Bake for 50-55 minutes, or until loaf is golden and a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool bread in pan for 10 minutes. Loosen sides with a knife and remove from pan. Enjoy!
*Try throwing in some walnuts or pecans if you like a little added crunch!