Broccoli & Chickpea Burritos
Yield 4-6 Burritos
A yummy recipe for meatless Monday!
- 1 onion
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 large crown of broccoli
- 3 cups cooked chickpeas (or from can, well rinsed)
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 1-2 tsp soy sauce/Tamari sauce
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 lime
- 4 to 6 tortillas
Topping ideas: greens, avocado, salsa, cilantro, cheese and greek yogurt
- Turn on oven to 425.
- Chop up onion, bell pepper, and broccoli until they are in small pieces. Place the chopped up veggies in a large bowl with the cooked chickpeas. Pour in the oil and soy sauce, stir, and then throw all the spices in with them. Mix until all veggies are covered with oil & spices, and put on a baking sheet. Bake for 20 minutes.
- Take out of the oven, add the garlic and stir. Bake for another 15 minutes, or until broccoli looks a little darker. Squeeze lime juice over the pan and stir the roasted chickpeas and veggies all around. Taste to see if it needs more spices.
- Put mixture, and any toppings into a wrap, and make a burrito!
*Adapted from Thug Kitchen cookbook.