Chocolate Energy Bites
Yield 12-15 Bites
These make a great snack, and just happen to be delicious too!
- 1 cup oats
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/3 + 1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut , divided
- 1/2 cup ground flaxseed
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1/4 cup chopped chocolate or mini chocolate chips
- dash of salt , to taste
- 1/2 cup natural peanut butter
- 1/3 cup honey , raw
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup almond flakes , lightly toasted and crushed
- In a medium bowl, stir together the oats, cocoa powder, 1/3 cup coconut, ground flaxseed, chia seeds, chocolate and salt.
- In a small pan, melt the peanut butter, honey and coconut oil stirring regularly until completely melted and combined. Stir in vanilla. Add wet ingredients to dry and stir well until fully combined.
- In a small shallow bowl, stir together the almond flakes and 1/4 cup coconut. Using wet hands, roll the oat mixture into balls (mine were about 1-inch in diameter) and then roll them around in the bowl of coconut and almonds for the outer coating. Place in the refrigerator to set.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Add more oats if the mixture seems too moist and likewise, add more melted honey or a little bit more coconut oil if the mixture seems too dry and crumbly.