Almond Coconut Joy Bars
Yield 25-35 Bars
Happy Valentines Day!
I am a HUGE chocolate fan so today I am going to indulge a little. 🙂
Here is one of my favorites!
- ½ – ¾ cup Brazil nuts, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup pure honey
- 1 ½ cups dried unsweetened coconut
- 1 ½ cups almond flour meal
- ¾ cup chocolate chips
- Line a cookie sheet with waxed or parchment paper. Coarsely chop the Brazil nuts by hand or in the food processor, pulsing a few times.
- In a large saucepan heat honey over medium heat. Reduce heat to simmer for approx.. 3-4 minutes, until thickened. Add the coconut, almond flour meal and chopped nuts.
- Remove from heat and spread onto a 9×11” lined baking sheet – approximately ½” thick. Smooth out batter with wet fingers. Sprinkle immediately with chocolate chips, allowing them to begin to melt on the warm mixture.
- After several minutes smooth the melted chocolate with the back of a spoon or spatula to spread out. Allow to cool in fridge, and cut into small squares or bars.
Replace Brazil nuts with chopped almonds for a variation.
Almond ‘flour meal’ can be purchased commercially in the natural foods section of your grocery store, or made in a food processor with blanched almonds using the ‘S’ blade.
**Don’t miss out on THIS delicious chocolate recipe too! DEEEELICIOUS!