Thai Quinoa Salad
Yield 6 Servings
A delicious lunch or dinner, I make this one often in my house!
- ¾ cup uncooked quinoa
- 1 heaping cup red cabbage , shredded
- 1 red bell pepper , diced
- 1/4 cup red onion , chopped
- 1 cup carrots , shredded
- 1 cup edamame , shelled
- ½ cup cilantro , chopped
- 2 green onions , chopped
- ½ cup cashew halves
- ¼ cup peanut butter , crunchy or smooth
- 2 tsp freshly grated ginger
- 3 Tbsp tamari sauce
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 1 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp sriracha hot sauce (optional)
- Water to thin if necessary
- Cook quinoa according to package directions. You should have a little over 2 cups of quinoa.
Add peanut butter and honey to a microwave safe bowl and heat in microwave for 10-20. Stir until smooth.
Add in ginger, soy sauce, vinegar, sesame oil, olive oil and sriracha and stir until smooth and creamy.
If necessary, thin the dressing by adding a little more olive oil or some water. Taste and add more hot sauce, if desired.
- Drizzle half of the dressing over the cooked and cooled quinoa. Toss to combine.
In a large bowl combine the red pepper, onion, cabbage, carrots, edamame, and cilantro.
Fold in the quinoa. Add as much of the remaining dressing as you'd like (to taste). Add cashews and garnish with green onions. Enjoy.