Chocolate Chip Granola Bars
Yield 24 Bars
Granola bars are admittedly a quick and easy snack to take when you are on the run. We love them, our kids love them - because most of them taste great!
Many store-bought granola bars are full of sugar, and ingredients that we can't even pronounce, so what exactly is that doing to your body? Mood swings, hormone imbalances, energy dips... you get the picture.
So, what about making your own delicious granola bars in minutes using only real food, and ingredients we know?!
Yes please! (Plus they are a big hit with all of my kids, so that is another win!)
- 4 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3/4 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
Plus 1 cup of add-in goodies if desired:
mini chocolate chips, raisins, coconut flakes, chopped dried apricots, dried cranberries, etc. (We like to add dark chocolate chips and chopped pecans).
- Lightly butter a 9 x 13 pan and preheat the oven to 325 F.
- Combine the butter and honey with a mixer in a large bowl and mix well.
- Add all ingredients except the add-ins and mix until combined. Stir in the add-ins by hand.
- Press the mixture into the pan. It’s a little sticky, so it helps to put a few drops of water on your hands and press the mixture in firmly.
- Bake at 325 F for 15-20 minutes until golden brown. They won’t look quite done, but will firm up while they cool. After they cool for about 10 minutes, you can cut them into bars.