Yield 1 Loaf
This yummy zucchini bread is perfect as a snack or dessert. Remember though, that although there is no refined sugar in this recipe, it's still a treat, and moderation is key. Yes, I know it's hard to do! 🙂
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 3/4 cup honey (or pure maple syrup)
- 1 egg
- 1 cup grated zucchini
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup plain greek yogurt
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup chopped walnuts or pecans (optional)
- A few dark chocolate chips (optional)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream coconut oil and honey. Add egg, zucchini, yogurt, and vanilla, mix on low until combined.
- Combine dry ingredients and add to batter. Mix on medium speed just until combined. Stir in nuts or chocolate chips if using them.
- Spray a standard size loaf pan with non-stick cooking spray. Pour batter into loaf pan. Bake 50-55 minutes or until a fork inserted in the center of the loaf comes out clean.
- Allow to cool 15 minutes in pan before removing and cooling completely on a wire rack.
- Cut into slices.