Chocolate Pumpkin Muffins
Yield 15-18 Muffins
We love these muffins - they are a great snack in the Fall - or really anytime you want them!
- 1½ cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ⅔ cup coconut sugar (I use a little less than this)
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 small can pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/3 cup almond milk
- 1 egg beaten
- 1/2 cup greek yogurt
- ½ cup miniature dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine flour, cocoa powder, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon in a bowl.
- Stir pumpkin, vanilla, milk, egg and yogurt into the dry mix.
- Fold in mini chocolate chips.
- Fill muffins tins lined with paper liners or coated with cooking spray about ⅔ full. (Tip: if using liners, give them a light spritz of cooking spray before filling with batter.)
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until firm.
- Allow muffins to cool for 5 minutes and then remove to a wire rack to cool further.