It’s the pumpkin-everything time of the year! Here is a yummy, pumpkin bread, that my kids (and I!) loved – and only takes minutes to throw together.
One Bowl Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread
Yield 1 Loaf
It's the pumpkin-everything time of the year! Here is a yummy, pumpkin bread, that my kids (and I!) loved - and only takes minutes to throw together.
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup plain 2% Greek yogurt
- 6 Tbsp coconut palm sugar*
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/4 cup whole wheat flour (or use part white, part whole wheat for fluffier bread)
- 1/3 cup (60 g) chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 350ºF and lightly grease a 9 x 5 (23cm x 13cm) loaf pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, lightly beat the eggs until the yolks break apart. Whisk in the pumpkin, yogurt, sugar, vanilla, spices, baking soda, and salt, mixing until smooth.
- Slowly spoon in the flour and gently stir it in until just combined. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan, spreading it out even, and top with a few extra chocolate chips. Bake for 40-45 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Remove the bread from the oven and let it cool in the pan for about 10 minutes before transferring it to a cooling rack to cool completely.