Chocolate Zucchini Brownies (gluten free)
Yield 12-15 Squares
Zucchini season is one of my favourites, and this gluten free brownie is a yummy one!
- 1/2 cup almond butter or sunflower seed butter
- 1/4 cup maple syrup or honey
- 1/2 cup mashed ripe banana
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 cup oat flour (throw oats in a blender until a flour consistency)
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 packed cups shredded zucchini— squeezed
- 1/3 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350F and line an 8×8 inch pan with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, mix together the nut butter, maple syrup, banana, vanilla, cocoa powder, oat flour, baking powder and salt until smooth and well combined.
- Fold in squeezed zucchini and chocolate chips then pour into prepared pan.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick comes out almost clean.
- Cool brownies completely on wire rack then cut.