No Bake Sunbutter Bars
Yield 10-12 Bars
Everyone here loves these bars - they are a delicious, school-friendly snack that is high in protein and taste GREAT!
- 2 cups quick oats
- 1 cup brown crispy rice cereal
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup sunflower butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 2 tablespoons mini chocolate chips
- Cut out an 8 x 8 inch square of parchment paper. Place the parchment paper in the bottom of an 8 x 8 inch baking pan.
- In a medium bowl, combine the oats, cereal, and salt. Stir and set aside.
- In a large sauce pan, add butter, coconut sugar, honey and sunflower butter. Heat over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally until the mixture starts to bubble. Once bubbling, cook for 2 minutes while stirring. Remove from heat and stir in the vanilla extract.
- Stir in the oat and cereal mixture. Stir until well coated. Pour into the prepared pan and press the mixture evenly into the pan. Sprinkle the chocolate covered sunflower seeds and mini chocolate chips over the top and gently press into the granola bars with your hands.
- Place the bars in the refrigerator and let cool for at least 30 minutes before cutting. Cut into bars and serve.
I store these in the fridge to keep them firm.