Thai Broccoli Salad
Yield 6-8 Servings
Broccoli and cabbage are great to support healthy hormones. Here's a delicious salad to help you eat more!
- 6 cups broccoli florets
- 3 cups red cabbage, shredded
- 3 scallions, sliced
- 1 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 3 small Thai red chilis, sliced (or jalapeno)
- 1/4 cup salted peanuts
- 1/2 cup natural creamy peanut butter
- 2 tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp tamari soy sauce
- 2 tsp fresh ginger, grated
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 2 tsp honey or coconut sugar
- 3 tbsp water
Spicy Peanut DressingWhisk together all of the ingredients and set aside.
- Prepare the broccoli by boiling for 3 minutes until bright green.
- Remove from boiling water and add to an ice water bath to stop cooking. Remove from water bath and add to a large bowl with shredded cabbage, scallions, cilantro, and sliced chilis.
- Pour peanut dressing over salad - NOTE - you may not need all the dressing. Try the salad using 1/2 the dressing, and then add more as needed.
- Toss the salad well and top with salted peanuts and additional chilis.