Thai Chicken Salad
Yield 3 Servings
This is a delicious salad for all year round!
- 1 1/2 cups shredded green cabbage
- 1 1/2 cups shredded purple cabbage
- 1 cup shredded carrots (I like to use 4 cups of coleslaw mix instead of the shredded cabbage/carrots sometimes!)
- 1 red or orange bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup diced cucumber
- 2 cups shredded chicken
- 1/2 cup roughly chopped cilantro
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup crushed peanuts, for garnish
For the Peanut Dressing:
- 1/4 cup natural peanut butter
- 2 tablespoon coconut aminos (soy-free soy sauce)
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- Pinch crushed red pepper flakes
For the peanut dressing:
blend all ingredients until smooth.
For the salad:
Add all ingredients but crushed peanuts to a large bowl and toss to combine.
Drizzle the peanut dressing over top and toss again.
Top with crushed peanuts and serve.
**If you are planning to eat later, leave the dressing on the side and pour it over when you are ready to eat so that the cabbage doesn't get soggy.
This will last for 4-5 days in the refrigerator.