Thai Chickpea Salad (in a mason jar)
Yield 3-4 Servings
Meal prep at it's finest - this mason jar salad is a great one for easy lunches this Fall!
*Note, you can try different veggies that you like if you want to.
- ¾ cup uncooked quinoa
- 2 cups rinsed chickpeas
- 1 medium sized zucchini (spiralized or chopped fine)
- ½ large carrot (chopped)
- 1 ½ cups cabbage (shredded)
- ¼ cup peanuts
Tangy Peanut Dressing
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 5 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 3 tablespoons natural peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 ½ tablespoons soy sauce (I like tamari sauce)
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- Cook quinoa according to package directions. Set aside to cool.
- Shake together dressing ingredients and divide up between 4 jars, roughly 2 tablespoons per jar.
- Add in the following order: chickpeas, cooled quinoa, carrots, zucchini noodles, shredded cabbage, peanuts.
- Seal and store in the fridge for up to 4 days.
- To serve, shake everything out into a large bowl and enjoy cold.