Apple Oatmeal Cake (great for breakfast too!)
Yield 8 Servings
This is a delicious breakfast, or dessert - enjoy!
- 1 cup oats
- 1 large apple, peeled and chopped
- 3 Tbsp honey
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 3 tbsp yogurt
- 2 eggs
- 1 Tbsp butter or coconut oil
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Put all ingredients in a blender or in a bowl to process with a hand blender, but use only 3/4 of the oats. Process until smooth and then mix in the 1/4 of the oats.
- Line a smaller sized baking pan with parchment paper and pour the mixture inside.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- After baking let the cake cool off, slice, put the slices in an airtight container in the fridge for at least an hour. The cake gets better the longer it’s cooled.