Baked Blueberry Oatmeal
Yield 6 Servings
This is a great breakfast to make ahead of time if you're rushed in the mornings.
Simply take it out of the fridge in the morning, heat it up, and done!
- 2 cups old fashioned oats
- 3/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- ¼ cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- 2 large eggs see notes for substitute
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 ½ teaspoons cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
1. Mix the ingredients: Add the oats, milk, applesauce, walnuts or pecans, eggs, maple syrup, vanilla, cinnamon, baking powder and salt to a large bowl. Mix well.
2. Layer in a casserole dish: Lightly grease a 7×11 inch rectangular baking dish. Spread half the oat mixture in the bottom of the dish. Sprinkle with about ¾ of the blueberries. Top with the remaining oat mixture, carefully smoothing the top. Sprinkle on the remaining blueberries. You can also sprinkle on some extra walnuts or pecans if you like!
3. Cook! Preheat the oven to 350°F. Bake until set and golden on top, about 30-35 minutes. Rest for 5 minutes on a rack on the counter, then slice and serve warm.